Skip to main content

Announcing My New Book

I'm happy to announce the publication of my new book Scrunchie-Fried.

Have you ever been Schrunchie-Fried? I hadn't either until I looked in the mirror one day and was shocked at what I saw. Where had that cute, short-haired  blond girl with hints of freckles on her nose disappeared to?

In her place was a graying middle-age woman with long hair pulled into a ponytail held in place by a Scrunchie. Everything about her was gray including her complexion, her eyebrows and her disposition. And upon closer inspection, even her freckles had turn gray.

It was everywhere....

...and I was over it.

What came next was a year long conversion into a happier and more positive me. Out with the gray and in with the new. In my new book, you'll find some of my personal stories as I transformed myself from drab gray to perky blue. Also inside are several true stories that I wrote about my mom and dad and the events that shaped their early lives.

You'll also find a few quirky and off-beat stories that only the middle-aged fat woman can tell and I'm sure they will give you a chuckle or two.

 Order Scrunchie-Fried by clicking on this link.

I will be attending the Erma Bombeck Writer's Workshop  in Dayton, Ohio next month with a whole lot of other people who like to laugh. This year, I am a returning participant and hope to be reunited with a few of the folks that caused me to nearly come unglued on more than one occasion.

Finally, in this new era of publishing, it's really hard to get noticed unless you are somehow lucky enough to end up on Oprah's Book Club List or the FBI's Most Wanted List. Either way, that still doesn't mean that you can make somebody laugh. 

As a humor writer, that is what I attempt to do and you can help me out by spreading the word about Scrunchie-Fried with your friends and family.  Reviews are appreciated as well.

So as my good friends Bartles and Jaymes used to say, "Thanks for your support!"

(And buy my book.)

Comments

Sounds like a great book, and you are off and Scrunching now! See you at Erma.
Gianetta said…
Thanks, Suzette. Looking forward to your session again.

Popular posts from this blog

We Heard You...Another Thought On The EBWW

Now that the euphoria of the Erma Bombeck Writer's Workshop has begun to fade I find myself wondering if it had somehow been a dream. Over 300 of the funniest women around sprinkled with just a handful of men brave enough to withstand such an estrogen filled space.   At my first workshop in 2012, I made a lot of friends but was still somewhat shy when I found myself in the company of a famous person. Most of the pictures that I took that year were from the back-- from the back of the ballroom, the back of the classroom and even from the back of the Bombeck family. Yes, I was so in awe of this family that I followed them around and took pictures of the backs of their heads because I sat behind them whenever I could.  Fast forward two years and my how things had changed. No more sitting in the back and stalking the Bombecks from behind. In fact, I never really got close to the family this year. (I don't know if they had called security on me or not.) I did exchange

The Thing About Handicapped Parking

Throughout my lifetime I have become an observer of many situations and problems that would otherwise go unnoticed. One such problem is handicapped parking. Everyone knows that handicapped parking is a good idea and helps millions of folks patronize businesses that they normally wouldn't. The handicapped parking spot is great because it allows the disabled to get as close as possible to a business without actually driving inside. But, here's the problem: Once they have finished their shopping and returned to their vehicles there isn't any place for them to return the shopping cart. I'm talking about large parking lots. Most cart returns begin at least six parking spaces down from the handicapped spots. The person is forced to choose between a spot close to the door and a spot close to the cart return. Ever wonder why there are so many shopping carts at the beginning of a row and not in the return area? That might be the reason. Maybe the designers of the parking lots do

A Story For Father's Day

Growing up on the farm on Cherry Fork Road was a lot of fun. We raised tobacco, had a HUGE garden, dabbled in the hog business and had a few cows and chickens. We had a tractor, a wagon, and a manure spreader as well as various lawn mowers, rototillers and chainsaws. My dad loved his chainsaw. I don't remember what the name brand was but it was yellow and matched his pickup truck. Throw in a Kool cigarette dangling out of his mouth and a John Deere hat perched on his head and he was ready to do some sawin'. I remember the year my father got his new chainsaw. It was Father's Day, 1974, and let me tell you, that saw was needed. A late spring thunderstorm had blown through and there were trees everywhere. Trees across the road, trees down in the yard. It was like a tornado had come through. It wasn't that long after the storm had passed when you could hear the roar and the whine of the chainsaws as neighbors up and down the road got to work clearing a path. Dad wasn't